Thursday, January 11, 2007

"The Crow" morphs into "El Muerto" ?

Vampire Mike from the UK sent us a link to a movie that came out in 2005 and is based on a little known indie comic "El Muerto". Some of you have probably seen this. This was my first time to hear about it and check out the trailer. Dang folks, this looks just like a Crow film. I have to say I am VERY intrigued to see this film. You can go to the official site to get info about the film and comic or you can check out the trailer here on YouTube

From what I can gather, it may be available in some non-U.S. markets on DVD. It looks like they are trying to find a distributor for a theatrical release, but I don't see anything up to date to confirm if that is happening. I checked out IMDB and there are 21 folks that rated it and only 2 that gave comments. The comments are polar extremes. One says it is garbage, the other says it is very good. So who knows.

Thanks again to Vampire Mike for the heads up on this.

**UPDATE** El Muerto creator Javier Hernandez has left a message, make sure to check it out.

2 comments:

Javier Hernandez said...

Hello. Thanks for running this news item on your blog.

El Muerto was not created as a descendent of the Crow (a comic and film which I greatly enjoyed, by the way!) but of my own fondness for Aztec mythology and the Mexican Day of the Dead. There'll be some news about the film coming out sooner rather than later, so stay tuned!

Javier Hernandez

LLcruize said...

Great to hear from you Javier. Look forward to getting an update from you on when the film will be coming out.

I have an overall interest in the righting of wrongs storyline, so El Muerto intrigues me a lot. Of course being a Crow fan, anything that has an indirect or direct parallel to that will definitely get my attention as well.