Friday, February 16, 2007

Jamie Christopherson Update

Jamie was the creator of, in my opinion, one of the best scores in the franchise with his THE CROW: WICKED PRAYER soundtrack. He recently sent out a newsletter and I figured we would reprint it here for all those that are not on his list:

Dear friends and music fans,

A while has gone by since my last newsletter to everyone, so I wanted to reach out and let you in on a few of the current happenings. A lot of the projects that I am working on are under tight wraps for the time being, so I’ll keep this letter pretty brief. Rest assured, I’m working very hard on a handful of exciting, cool projects!

With awards season upon us, I’ve been very fortunate to have been nominated for (and sometimes won) several awards this year. I’m glad that my music is being recognized, and it encourages me to work even harder on present and future projects.

Here are some notable nominations/awards:

5th ANNUAL GANG AWARDS NOMINATIONS (to be held at GDC in March 2007) -

Best Arrangement of a Non-Original Score
Onimusha: Dawn of Dreams

Best Original Vocal – Choral
Elven Morning from Lord of the Rings: Battle for Middle Earth II

Music of the Year (wow!)
Lord of the Rings: Battle for Middle Earth II

Best Cinematic/Cut-Scene Audio (including music)
Lost Planet: Extreme Condition

*if you are a GANG member, don’t forget to vote!

Park City Film Music Festival (2007)

Best Impact of Music in a Documentary:
Silver Medal for Artistic Excellence
Goal Keepers (aka Children of Jordon Valley)

--------
If you have an interest in reading videogame interviews, I did a series of them recently. They are viewable here:

TRACKSOUNDS INTERVIEW

MUSIC4GAMES INTERVIEW

GAMESPOT INTERVIEW

GAME MUSIC RADIO

GAME ALMIGHTY--------

Lastly, I’ve also been trying to give back to the film, game and TV music community as much as possible between projects, and feel very blessed to have the opportunity to do so. There are so many talented young composers out there, and anything that I can do to help out the truly gifted (and dedicated) ones among them will hopefully help our profession to maintain a high level of craftsmanship into the future.

Aside from being on panels and doing interviews, I have recently accepted a tutor position for an online film, game and TV music course called MUSIC FOR THE MEDIA (http://www.musicforthemedia.com/mftm). The course is especially great at providing real world knowledge and assigning realistic projects to students.

Best wishes to everyone, and thanks for the continues interest in my music!

Cheers,

Jamie Christopherson

Music for Film, Games and TV
Soundelux Design Music Group
www.jamiechristopherson.com
Studio: 323-603-5102
Mobile: 310-927-1769

No comments: